The successful candidate will manage marketing and promotion activities for all artists signed to the local and international label and act as an ambassador for SME Africa and the label at industry events. He or she will work under the direction of the Marketing Director and the Marketing Manager.
- Create and manage an effective marketing and media strategy for all artist releases under the label roster to deliver an overall campaign that reflects the artists’ vision and goals, as well as the company’s financial and market share goals company.
- Work with artist management to develop a clear strategy for the artist’s image, manage artist relations and marketing, press and promotion activities to achieve music release goals.
- Manage the overall product approval process, including music and artwork, if required, for each release liaising as needed with internal and external contacts to ensure timelines are met.
- Manage budget to ensure the most effective marketing and promotion spend and provide analysis of campaign effectiveness for future planning activities.
- Work closely with the sales department on launch strategy, sales forecasts and all necessary materials for maximum business impact.
- Research and develop new methods to build fans and market artists and music.
- Use industry and market insights to evaluate and make recommendations to maximize brand partnership opportunities and other full rights management artist business.
- Work with all relevant internal and external partners to provide an agreed broader rights strategy.
- Work with the digital lead to create and deliver an appropriate online/mobile presence strategy for each act; coordinate promotional activities, website design, database interaction, online marketing and digital sales.
- Be fully aware of the label’s revenue and P&L objectives and its contribution to the success of the business as a whole.
- Detailed knowledge of local and international market and consumer behaviors relevant to the label’s target audience.
- Must be able to successfully manage budget marketing/promotional campaigns.
- Experience working with a record label or distributor will be an added advantage.
- Large network of contacts within the entertainment industry.
- Experience working with various data analytics platforms.
- Understanding and relationships with digital business partners (Spotify, Apple, Deezer, etc.).
- Experience in digital campaign strategy, planning, overview and coordination of digital marketing campaigns.
- Have an understanding and experience of social media/CRM marketing and their relationship to artist marketing.
- Highly organized and results oriented.
- Have a passion for music.
- Works collaboratively with all departments as well as working well with and managing a wide range of personalities.
The successful candidate will:
- Join an inclusive, collaborative, and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey.
- Work in a modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity and teamwork.
- Invest in their professional growth and development.
To apply, interested candidates must complete the form here.