The Digital Account Manager will manage strategic audio programming and content curation to maximize the artist’s income and exposure on various streaming platforms such as Spotify or Apple Music, Pandora, Deezer, SoundCloud and Tidal.
This person should have professional user experience with music streaming platforms, speak and write Spanish fluently and be able to relocate to the Miami area. Preferred local candidates.
- Manage the day-to-day digital content business with selected online services.
- Responsible for achieving content sales, revenue and marketing goals.
- Drive new business initiatives with the account to maximize sales and artist exposure.
- Propose and execute sales campaigns with timely positioning for artists, new releases and catalogs and other strategic initiatives.
- Develop strong relationships in multiple areas within accounts including content / writing, product marketing, sponsorship, operations, reporting, management levels and associated third party vendors.
- Work closely with the Digital Affairs Manager, Streaming Services Manager, Marketing Managers and Production Managers communicating issues and obstacles to ensure efficient project performance.
- Share information, analysis and recommendations with accounts to improve our mutual business.
- Regularly communicate the status of artist campaigns, new initiatives and other account activity.
- Help resolve operations, reporting, technology and business issues to ensure efficiency.
- At least 4 years of experience in managing accounts / clients or selling, distributing or promoting digital content as well as digital sales analysis.
- Experience in the management, programming and optimization of music services or previous experience in a record label.
- In-depth knowledge of music streaming platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Deezer, SoundCloud and / or Tidal and their associated best practices.
- Extensive Excel skills to manage large volume reporting, filtering and analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree required in related field (s).
- Fluency in oral and written Spanish.
- Ability to generate reports from various internal systems and make strategic recommendations.
- Previous experience in a digital content services company or digital service provider.
- Strong knowledge of the music industry and social media news, trends and competitive landscape.
- Strong understanding and passion for Latin music genres including Urban Latin, Regional Mexican, and Latin Pop.
- Excellent time management, organization and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and under pressure while balancing priorities.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Word.
Sony Music Entertainment is a global recorded music company with a current artist roster that includes a wide range of local artists and international superstars, as well as an extensive catalog that includes some of the most important recordings in history. Sony Music Entertainment is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation of America.