We are looking for a Host / Producer who is enthusiastic about running a new magazine style show on the arts and culture that we are developing. This is your chance to experiment, collaborate with a great team, and bring all your fun, eclectic, and just plain weird ideas to life. Our ideal candidate is someone who reflects on how race, gender, sexuality and ability intersect and impact culture.
What you will do:
- Generate, set up and develop pitches for the show each week
- Present the weekly arts and culture show of Neon Hum
- Lead the creation and manage the team of two producers and an associate producer of The Neon and oversee the processes and workflow
- Help with any promotion and ancillary events around the show
- Write and modify scripts as needed. The main table reads and provides commentary on episodes – from scripts to sound design – every week.
- Supervise and host production segments in the field
Who are you:
- Baccalaureate preferred but not compulsory
- At least 5 years of experience producing podcasts.
- The candidate should be comfortable with all aspects of scriptwriting, studio and field production, script editing and providing other editorial commentary.
- The candidate should be comfortable and have experience in managing teams and creating and overseeing the workflow
- Must have a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Must be able to edit audio. Experience with ProTools is desirable, but not required.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be a team player.
- Must love and listen to podcasts!
What we offer you:
- You join an inclusive, collaborative and global community where you have the opportunity to fuel the creative journey
- A modern office environment designed to foster productivity, creativity and teamwork
- An attractive and comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, and
- 401K + employer matching
- Voluntary benefits such as company paid identity theft protection and pet resources, mental health and meditation resources, advanced fertility coverage, fully paid childbirth leave or the link, fully paid leave for caregivers, programs for loved ones with developmental disabilities and neurodiversity, subsidized supportive care for children and the elderly, and reimbursement for adoption, surrogacy , tuition fees and student loans
- We invest in your professional growth and development
- Free time for winter holidays
Sony Music is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all people, regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, gender, location. sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership. / union status, alienation or citizenship status, belief, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.